Wednesday, October 28, 2009

what i'm reading

I received this book in the mail after sitting on the paperbackswap waitlist for several months. And then I had a houseguest all last week, so it basically sat on my bedside table waiting to be opened. But now I've started it, and I'm happy to say, it's been worth the wait. So far I am loving the writing style of Ms. Duran. I feel like I'm getting to know these two rather dysfunctional people but i'm being shown, not told. I don't like being hit over the head with two much exposition; give me dialogue and character's interacting and I'll figure it out. So this is really working for me. yay books!

4 comments:

Renee said...

Enjoy! I really loved this one. My favorite m/f love scene that I've read this year is in it!

sula said...

ooh, now you have gotten me very eager to hurry up and read more quickly. *g*

Rosie said...

Sula, is this your first Duran? I read her 3 books all out of sequence and just finished her first book, DUKE OF SHADOWS, the last of the three to read for me. Not only are there wonderful characters, but it just scrumptious to read.

I hope to have a review up soon.

Lynn Spencer said...

I envy you getting to discover Meredith Duran. This was the first of her books that I read, too. Loved it!