Tuesday, July 8, 2008

forget reading


Well, I may not have time for reading or blogging in the mad race for the MBA summer term finish line. BUT I have found time to listen to an audiobook as I drift off to sleep in the evening. La Nora. This is her best, imho. Those Quinn boys are just fab. I'm partial to Phillip myself. Mainly because his book was my first NR read. But Cam and Ethan and Seth are all keepers too. What is so cool about these books is that while the romance between each brother and his woman is good and romantic and stuff, what's really great is the interaction between the guys. Miz Nora gets it right and it feels so natural and real. I luvs it.

So yeah. No books being read (except for that monster marketing tome on the sidebar). But at least there is some audiobook goodness to see me through.

The other end of this tunnel includes a quick trip to the other side of the country (yay San Fran!) and dinner, drinks and other hijinks with some of my blogging friends. I try to keep this in mind as I slog through the homework. It's like a carrot to keep me motivated.

8 comments:

Kwana said...

Yay, San Fran! Looks like everyone will be there. Thanks for the recommendation. I've never done Nora on audio book, but I love downloading book onto my ipod. Thanks!

Christine said...

A nice, big, juicy, shiny carrot... the envy of all of us who are staying behind! LOL You guys are going to have such a great time in SF!

Tracy said...

I think I started this NR series about 10.5 years ago and then never finished it. That whole going into labor and having a baby thing kinda threw me off my game! :)

That's a great carrot you've got dangling! SF should be great fun.

KT Grant said...

Yippy SF!!

sula said...

sitting in marketing class after having given the dreaded presentation. i thot i pretty much rocked my section but our prof is hyper-critical and had lots of "feedback" (ie. criticism as to why we did not read his mind and cover things he would have wanted to see). oh well. fuck it, it's over.

now watching the next two groups as they suffer. bwaha!

i wish you ALL were coming to SF. I wish I were actually going to the conference. lol.

Sarai said...

Your almost there. You're almost there (I so screwed up the first one) Anywho you will get there I wont' be at the end with a carrot but I'z rootin for ya!

Mary M. said...

Good luck with the marketing monster tome! It's a good thing you have the thought of San Francisco to get you through it. And I love, love your lolcat. I need to make a folder just for those.

Sarah said...

I really liked this series and me 3, have fun with the tome! It looks so big....