Wednesday, February 25, 2009

some things

This is gonna be fast and random because I am about to run out the door to work. So a bulleted list of items in no special order.

  • I heart internet frends! One of my blogging buddies (she knows who she is) offered to send me a new book that I was envying and that she had already read...and then she tossed in like 7 more books in the envelope! zomg, I am salivating over all the house of reading fun ahead. mwah to friends!
  • As I mentioned elsewhere, I am off to Africa in less than 2 weeks for a 10 day trip with a group. I'm the leader of said group, so that's a little scary in terms of being organized and responsible for so many. But I can't wait to go back and see my old haunts, speak the language and show off the fabulous culture.
  • One of my personal hopes for said trip is to see if I can snag some good ethnic printed cloth for use in the wedding. We shall see.
  • I have a 12 page midterm to write for one of my classes. Glurg.
  • My other MBA class is interesting and I'm enjoying it but we have to produce and present a case study every single week with a group. Needless to say, it is taking a LOT of my time (witness the blog...or lack thereof)
  • Work is busy busy and not only do I have to catch up on things but try to get ahead so that the week I'm in Africa is not total chaos. Not exactly sure how this is going to happen, so it is stressing me out.
  • Last night I was trying to throw together some sort of Mexican dish and during the onion saute, I sprinkled what I thought was chili powder only to find out it was ground cloves. This led to a rethink of the dish and I added coriander and curry powder in an attempt to rescue it. The result was edible but weird. Note to self, pay attention with the spices!
  • I still love my apartment.
  • I have been made aware that my blog is suffering from a shortage of Richard Armitage pictures. The sitution shall be rectified upon my return from my trip. Robin Hood Season 2 is available on netflix and waiting in my queue. woot!
  • President Obama's speech last night was totally full of win. DF and I were watching and cheering and discussing the whole way through. Worth every long moment I spent working on the campaign last fall.
  • Oh and I hope I get to see this man and his band play while I'm in Africa. Sooooo gooooood! (and um, he's a nice singer too)



Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

A Lot of things going on with you! Hang in there with that case study presentation - yikes.

{{big hug}}

Rosie said...

Okay I'm tired just reading this list. So how is it you are leading the trip? Is it work or school related. Anyway, way cool and sounds like you'll have your hands full.

In case you get too busy to post before you go, have a wonderful trip. Hopefully you'll be able to share some of it with us when you get back.

Anonymous said...

I hope you take lots of pictures and share them with us! Africa - too cool. I've never been, but someday I hope to visit Malowi where my parents were in the Peace Corps.

Mary-Laure said...

How wonderful you're going to Africa. I spent years in Kenya as a child and just loved it.
I hope you'll tell us more about your trip on this blog.

Oh and Obama's speech was a winner. As always!