Randomness in no particular order.
1. This morning I woke up at 7am because I had signed up to participate in a volunteer opportunity sponsored at the uni where I work. I figured I could spare a few hours on a Saturday. I was with the group going to Habitat for Humanity. It was pretty cool. We ripped all of the siding off a house so that it can be redone properly next week (apparently the people who put it on did it all wrong). Gosh, my arms are out of shape. I tore into that stuff, yanking off slats, pulling out nails and stuff, hammering in the nails that were broken. By the end, my arms were shaky. lol. Still, it was good to be outdoors and to be doing something physical. I'm glad I went. And I think I will contact HFH directly and see about volunteering from time to time in the future.
2. An entry at zeek's blog made me think of JR Ward's upcoming books. So on a whim, I thought I'd go over to paperbackswap.com and see what the average wait time would be for Lover Enshrined. ha! Guess how many people have it on their wish list? Just guess!
3. I love my new crockpot. I got it for Xmas from my parents (basically, I told them that I wanted one, so that's what I got) and I've only used it a handful of times so far. I made some chili last week which lasted me for a long time. Yesterday morning we had a breakfast party at work and I made this cool ham, hashbrowns, egg, cheese casserole thingy that I threw together at night, put the pot to cook all night and woke up and it was done. How cool is that? Now I'm making split pea soup. I'm on a roll!
4. I watched 3 episodes of Doctor Who last night and they were all freaking FANTASTIC! (I wish I could say that word with the same panache of Chris Eccleston.) First there was this amazing two parter Human Nature/Family of Blood in which we get to see the Doctor as someone other than the Doctor. What a great range of emotions and Tennant did a bang-up job. Bravo! I actually shed a tear at the end when he has to make the difficult choice to return to his lonely traveling lifestyle in order to save the world. Then there was Blink, which was creepy and terrifying and not the episode you should watch just before turning out the lights and going to bed. Think of stone angel statues that attack in the blink of an eye but freeze into place if you look at them. Just don't look away and whatever you do...don't blink! (the power of suggestion...my eyes were so irritated from crying in the previous episode I could do nothing BUT blink. lol)
5. Just finished reading With Caution by JL Langley and plan to write more about it for Man Love Monday. Stay tuned...