Monday, October 22, 2007

Rumble in the jungle

Well, in case you didn't know...there's a blog rumble goin' on! On this side is Kleypas hero Derek Craven with support from a team headed up by Kristie(J) and on the other side is Kleypas hero Sebastian St. Vincent with support from the team headed up by sybil. Let the games begin!!!

Although I've made my feelings known on other parts of the blogosphere, I figured it was only fair to mention it here on my little corner of the world. So here's my vote for the sexy, passionate, rough-around-the-edges, gotta-love-him Derek Craven. In my personal version of heaven, he's played by Richard Armitage ala John Thornton (North and South). I leave it to others to hash out the niceties of dialogue and plot. Me, I'm a simple gal. Call it animal instinct. I knows what I likes and what I like looks something like this.





Oh and check out the way his accent gets rougher and less posh when he's emotionally engaged. Yep, that's our Derek all the way! (must-hear parts include 1:33, 1:40, 2:02, and 2:14)



All of the dark romantic angsty fantasy a gal could wish for. Go team Cravenator!

7 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

LOL - I watched Part 4 of North and South - stayed up past my bed time too! And now that I have him in my head as Derek - well, it just made the watching experience ever so much better1 *g*

Kristie (J) said...

OK - now I watched the clip. What a lovely one it is. It's going to drive me crazy though trying to pinpoint that music in the middle. I KNOW it - WAIT!! I got it!! It's from Cold Case! Ah I can sleep tonight now!.

Rosie said...

I watched clips from episodes from NORTH & SOUTH after seeing this on Kristie's blog earlier today. That thud you heard was me swooning. Where has this guy been all my life?

Anonymous said...

I am getting this series on my Netflix right now!

sybil said...

Me think you need to reread...

LOL I have never seen N&S

Kristie (J) said...

Sybil: Oh you really need to see it!! It's one of my new obsessions. North and South and Blood Ties.
It's a marvelous story with tons of repressed passion, stunning backgrounds, a lovely musical score, interesting fashions, a fascinating story - and a hero who could play Derek ;-)
But really - it is wonderful!

Gigi said...

I must have this series. I simply MUST! I'm firmly on Team Sebastian but still whoa momma!