Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Book Binge Christmas Meme

Ok, I may just be the last blogger in romance-land who is doing this but better late than never, right? The nice ladies at Book Binge are running a fantastic holiday contest and the prize? An e-book reader! In my dreams would I have one of these. So what have you got to lose? Besides making my odds of winning even more slim. Go over there and check it out!

Christmas Meme:

1. What is your favorite Christmas romance to re-read each year?
I don't actually have one. In fact, this may be the first year that I have read any Christmas-themed romances during the holiday season. I do recall reading an anthology that included a McNaught story featuring a character I liked (Nicky, I think his name was).

2. What is your favorite Christmas movie/show?
Oh, this is a toss-up but I think I will give the edge to "It's a Wonderful Life." Honorable mention to "A Charlie Brown Christmas". We watched IAWL pretty much every year when I was a kid and I find that I still get more out of it as an adult. This year I got to show it to my BF for the first time.

3. What is your favorite Christmas cookie?
My great-grandmother's traditional recipe - Fruitcake Cookies. Candied pineapple, cherries, dates, pecans all mixed up with a luscious soft cookie dough...mm mm!

4. When do you start Christmas shopping?
Usually at the last minute. This year I think I did it all within the last two days before Christmas.

5. Do you re-gift?
Sure, why not? I've been poor for most of my life, so I'm frugal. I don't mind receiving re-gifts and if I have an item that I think someone would appreciate better than me, I'm happy to pass it along.

6. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I lurve Christmas music, so this is tough. Possibly the First Noel for sacred music and The Christmas Song (y'know....chestnuts roasting on an open fiiiiire) for secular music. Nat King Cole does a great version.

7. When do you get your Christmas tree?
I don't have one. Living with four other grad students in a shared house...it just isn't practical.

8. Wrapping presents: Love it or hate it?
Love it! It's almost theraputic. Put on some Xmas tunes, get out the tape, scissors and paper and go to town. I look at it as a challenge to try to make each one pretty.

9. Who is the hardest person to buy for?
Probably my brother. He is very eclectic so I can't just get him typical "guy" stuff. This year apparently I did pretty good. Got him a model ship and a whisky flask. lol.

10. Christmas tree: Real or artificial?
See number 7. But if I did have one I think I'd like a real one cuz they small purty.

3 comments:

KT Grant said...

I am not a big fan of Christmas themed books. But my biggest Christmas gift would be a gift card to B&N or Borders!
Who needs things like clothes when my lovely books could keep me warm? *G*

Dev said...

Better late than never. Good luck!! :-)

lisabea said...

Yay for regifting!